Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snatch Vo2

Our good friend Judit and her outrageously cool kbs in Hungary.
It used to be I would come home from a one day cert in Minneapolis and not be able to train at all for a week. I would need so much stretching, rolling and correctives from all the travel, standing, walking and demo'ing during the weekend that any real training had to wait until the body calmed down.

I wouldn't have been able to imagine that I would be able to do 12 days in Hungary, two back to back certs and as much walking and standing as I have done and come back to my training on the scheduled day without missing a beat.

But I did just that today with almost no sleep for the last 36 hours on top of it( jet lag coming west is always tougher for me than going east.And although my body feels rough as hell the workout felt pretty strong, all things considered. I played it very safe just because I knew I should.

6-7 am

full stretchout: this I needed pretty badly. Focus was mainly on legs and hammies. Very tight. No surprise here.

8:30 snatch vo2
16 kg 15:15
30 sets of 7
210 reps
7560 lbs

these felt surprisingly easy and I could have done more no problem but I know the jet lag and the adrenaline wear off is just starting.

Arm Casts
20 lbs x 10/10
25 lbs x 10/10 x 3

no worries here but still started low and kept it simple.

Handstand pushups
3 sets of 3-5

these were weaker than I hoped. Not quite the same power as in Hungary.

Scap pullups

5 sets of 5

Just wanting to get a stretch going and activate the scap adductors.

Datsit. got to get some sleep now

Sisu.

7 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

That jack-o-lantern is the coolest kettlebell I've ever seen, by a mile.

Aaron Friday said...

I'm impressed you can train after that much travel. I tend to just collapse.

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron,

the Unicum bell was pretty outrageous too. I am amazed I can train, actually. I tend to collapse as well. this is a good sign :))

Tracy Reifkind said...

Aaron,

I asked why a jack o lantern? It seems that although Halloween is not a tradition in Hungary it has become kind of "trendy". Another holiday that came and went was Valentines day.

Pumpkins are popular in the cusine as well. I was given some roasted pumkin seed oil to bring home. Now that I've used it in a salad I wish I would've brought more home!

I also heard that the Viennese have some sort of week long tradition that involves whole neighborhoods to display pumpkins carved and lit up.

(I know....TMI...)

Aaron Friday said...

Hi Tracy,
It's never TMI if it's interesting, which it is. I think the Viennese week-long "not Halloween" jack-o-lantern festival especially sounds pretty interesting. Why on Earth do they do that?

Juci SFG said...

Close-up shot of my cool pumpkin:
http://m.blog.hu/re/redpill/pumpkin5.jpg
Unicum:
http://m.blog.hu/re/redpill/unicum_n.jpg

cheaptera said...

This is a very interestingrs gold blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.buy rs gold Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. it ls a good article and love your words , so cheap eden gold charming and make people learn a lot , thanks !

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...