Thursday, September 15, 2011

Clubbell workout


Decided to mix things up a bit today after realizing the two hand swing is aggravating my left shoulder a bit tightening up my pecs, teres major and lat and just play with my clubbells a bit.It's certainly not my once a week swing workout that's doing it but all the demos of two hands I've been doing lately with new clients.

I haven't been doing enough basic clubbell swings, which really strengthens the shoulder IN external rotation as well developing the strength TO externally rotate under load and today was a good day to reverse that.

1 pm

two clubbell swings
10's x 20 x 2 sets
15's x20's x 2 sets
20's x 10's x 2 sets

these were,as they always are, harder than expected but such great work and such a great counterbalance and compliment to the kettlebell swing.Pretty much exactly the opposite.Surprisingly hard on my grip as I always find. Just not in shape for these.

Swipes
10's x 20 x 2
15's x 10
x 12
x 14
x 16
x 18
x 20 ( shown in video above)

Again these were surprisingly tough on the grip, have to work them back into the rotation on a more regular basis.But it is an inherently strong and natural movement for me.

One arm shield cast
10 lbs x 10/10 x 2
15 lbs x 10/10 x 3

left side was really wonky. Not stable enough in the one arm static hold position.

Handstands

10 sets of 5-8 second holds. Strong again, like last week but not AS strong.It is starting to feel like my old handstand where I could do anywhere, anytime for any length of time, lol.

Band triceps extensions
black band x 20
x 15
x 13
x 10

LOL! these kicked my ass! After the swipes, handstands and the extensions on Sat there was little left in the tri's .Perfect. Grow, they will :))

Bench pistols( left leg only)

4 sets of 4

These too, were surprisingly strong again as they were last week. I didn't do the right side as I need to let the left catch up quite a bit and I could feel what all the extra work on my right side did last week: took me TOO far out of balance.

But this week, unlike last, I remembered to keep the weight on the big toe/ball of the foot) in the descent( thanks Geoff!) and it really makes a difference. Held on a bit with right arm but I can see where I will be doing free bench pistols for reps soon and that will be a great day!

datsit.Sisu.

4 comments:

jockeRKC said...

nice one Mr Sisu
I started to play with my Clubbells thanks to you Mr Rif havent touch them for a long time but are now using them again

Mark Reifkind said...

clubbells rock Joakim, they are really important for me to keep my shoulders stabilized.

cheaptera said...

If you love online gaming and play these Tera Gold games quite a bit then dreaming about becoming a champ is probably something that you often do. It is not hard to understand when you consider that a lot of the top cheap eden gold gamers are treated much like pop stars. Gamers really do put in a lot of effort to become the best so the credit they get is well deserved.For anyone who has dreamed of becoming a champion tera online gold online gamer.

chuangjiawow said...

This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. it ls a good article and love your words , so charming and make people learn a lot , thanks !


______________________________
enjoy game so much!
Diablo 3 GoldDiablo III ItemsCheap Diablo 3 Gold

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...