Saturday, December 10, 2011

Never Quit


Just another way of saying Sisu.

I found this very cool shirt on Forged website designed by Navy Seal Vet and Hero Marcus Luttrell and I loved the phrase and the Lone Survivor foundation so I got one. I am forever watching out for anything that will inspire me and keep me motivated to do what I need to do to achieve what I want to achieve a great t shirt that stands for something always helps :)) Whatever works.

Nick is one arm swinging the Bulldog in the background before working up to the Beast. He is becoming quite the Beast himself these days.

Saturday has become 24 kg snatch day for awhile until my bicep tendon behaves. That's just fine as I love the snatch and it's time to get the rep numbers and total reps done up to more reasonable standards:))
The shoulder stayed where it should the entire workout for a change, making me realize this was indeed the right move, exercise selection wise.

The snatch however felt very off, and my balance and groove didn't kick in until the down sets with the 20 kg. I lose my snatch groove crazy fast and the 16 kg done fast is NOT the 24 kg:))

I did have fun focusing on the press again but now it's back to the snatch and swing work;

7-8 am
full stretchout

8-9:15 am Snatch

one arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3 sets

Snatch
16 kg x5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5 x2

24 kg x 5/5 x 6 sets
20 kg x 10/10 x 2 sets

100 reps the easy way. I wanted to do at least 100 24 kg reps but it wasn't there today. Got to work back up slowly it seems. I played with the corkscrew technique but soon reverted to my Hardstyle form. It felt fine on the shoulder which is the only reason I played with it Monday.

Where my eyes were looking was another story and I felt all over the place. Weird.

One arm swings
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5 x 5 sets

wow that looks like so little when I write it but it sure seemed like a lot when I was doing it :)) It' just amazing to me how quickly the ability to do volume dissipates for me if I back off even a little.I can't believe I did 400 one arm swings with the 32 kg just a few years ago. Crazy. I have to focus more

Floor Handstands
8 sets of 10 second

these were off too. I started on the floor with Nick acting as the wall/backstop but could not find the groove so I went to the wall itself and those I nailed.Finally, something. But hey, the shoulder was "in" so I shouldn't complain .

Band tricep kickbacks
I started with extensions but the biceps tendon started making some noises so I switched to these with a reverse grip. No problems
35, 25, 17, 12

datsit.Sisu


No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...