Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Heavy one arm swings



Decided to do snatches after one arms today as I wanted to go heavy and surely didn't need to pre fatigue myself first. The 32 kg was never light for me but at one time, back in summer of 2007 I did 400 reps in sets of 10/10 with it. That's a lot of volume and is my benchmark for how my one arm swing training is coming along.This is a video of part of that workout. Comparing 5 years ago with today makes me happy. My swing has held it's ground, at least in terms of strength and form if not volume. I do notice my 2007 swing was faster, more powerful but not by much and my right arm extension on the backswing is very limited.
It was my right shoulder that was hurting at the time. I played both videos simultaneously, it's very interesting( at least to me) to watch them at the same time and note the similarities and differences.I do need a more vigorous hike pass now though, will work on it.


To be fair though at the time all I was doing was swing training as my shoulder was jacked and I couldn't snatch or press. So I concentrated on the swing. Three days a week of one arm swings! Heavy medium and light. It did pay off

Felt the best I have felt physically in the last two weeks today for  no damn good reason. Shoulder was in place, knee tracked and didn't feel spasmed, slept well. Hey, I'll take it.

edit: after watching this video a few times I remember the technique I was using; pretty much the same lumbo pelvic rhythm idea I'm using now BUT squatting down a bit first, before the leaning(which triggers the hinge for me). That's why I have more knee flexion in the 2007 video, I was lowering first Then hinging. Remember it clearly now.

Of course I have no idea why I abandoned that technique but I will have to play with it a bit again..

One arm swings
16 kg x 10/10 x 3 
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x5/5


32 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x7/7
         x8/8
         x9/9
         x10/10
90 reps 
6570 lbs

everything felt solid,balance strength, grip hip position wind. nice.


Snatch
16 kg x 10/10/10/10
40 reps

perfectly little finisher and it was easy.

Floor Handstands
5 sets of 8-10 sec holds free kick up no wall.. glenn spotted but I nailed almost everyone. nfelt light on my hands and solid.

DB Kickbacks
15 lb db x 15 reps x 4 sets

tried band extensions but my shoulder didn't like them. just wanted some blood back there.

datsit.


Sisu/Never Quit.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many of the items that an OBD2 scanner will allow you to know is incorrect along with your auto would be the following; when you are low on a particular fluid like oil or antifreeze the autoboss v30 , if your car or truck requires a tune up, if the timing belt requirements to become replaced, if your brakes have to be repaired, or if some of your LED car lights are out.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...