Sunday, April 01, 2012

Sunday stretchout


Woke up feeling great this morning; the best my joints have felt in a long time. For once nothing was talking to me and that was even better news considering my training yesterday. But I've been up for 6 hours or so and I started to feel a bit of DOMS settling in and I knew it was the perfect time to stretch and mobilize.

So:Lower body series first

1) back bend over stab ball; 4 min
2) foam roller; 3 min
3) Brettzell, two ways 5 min
4) Hamstring strap series : 5 min this is essential I now realize as they all are but this is a key
5) Straddle sits: all directions toes point and flex: 3 min
6) up dog with toes dorsi flexed 3 minutes
7)down dog : 4 minutes ( another essential one for my knee and back)
8) thai squat ( various foot widths) 4 minutes
9) side splits on floor; 2-3 min
10) side splits on back hips against wall 2 min ( love this one)
11) kneeling hip flexor stretch
12) Calf stretch toes on wall

thats it,lol. now onto the upper body after a short break. body already feels better. This work opens up the tightness better than anything, I just have to re direct my discipline back here again. I will.

4 comments:

Boris T said...

Glad your feeling good. I dislike doms, especially the really bad ones that sneak up on you. I am living through it now and it ain't fun.

jockeRKC said...

Love it Mr Rif =)
I glad to hear that you fell good.
I spent my whole Saturday practicing Primal Charge with Tommy Blom and i felt SO loose when i drove home (8hours of mobility work) and i fill from it =)
take care Sir

Mark Reifkind said...

boris I bet after those big clubs!

Mark Reifkind said...

Jokim if you're not loose after 8 hours of mobility work I would be worried :))

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...