Thursday, May 24, 2012

Long cycle Clean and press, doubles



I was determined to make this double press workout work today, no CLUNKING of the shoulder. And I got close.I thought I was using a thumbs up grip in the bottom portion of the downswing but the video shows differently.
Except for the first backswing I am internally rotating the grip at the very end. Want to NOT do that, I think it will help position at the top

Long ass day, non stop from 5 am until 2pm when I went straight to the gym. Thank god for Glenn he just kept the momentum going for me

One arm swing warmup 16kg x 5/5/5 x3

Double Long Cycle Clean and press
2 16's x 5
          x 3
2 20's x 5
2 24 x 4 x 5 sets
2 20's x 5
2 16 x 8

Used a heads up technique for the first three sets but got a bad adjustment on the third set so went to the eye and head position show above.This was the second set:


The down sets were perfect and without adjustment at all. A good sign.

Floor KB extension
16 kg x 10
20 kg x 6 x 4 sets
16 kg x 12

these still are working well and the 20 kg sets were much stronger than last week

One KB rows
20 kg x 8/8
24 kg x 6/6 x 4
20 kg  x10/10

these were strong and easy too. I expect this weight to go up fast. No reason The Beast won't be rowed sooner or later


datsit. 
Sisu/NeverQuit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...