Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to Basics

And for me that means the one arm swing. It is my base, my foundation move and I haven't been training it enough of late.It's impossible to fit EVERYTHING I want to do in the equation as my recovery abilities are limited as well as my time availabilities but when I do make the time for it it definitely makes all things kb better


Realized I hadn't been stretching from the chin bar enough and that perhaps that would help the shoulder so went back to basics there too and got a great result for the 10 minutes of overhead stretchout I did.

Left shoulder felt the best it has in months today and I don't doubt why. The overhead hang stretch, which I do with toes still on the ground and the heels 1.5 inches off the deck really unloads the lats in a way nothing else does.

"The only thing harder than figuring out what to do is remembering to do it"
Me.

I will remember this one, I believe.

Also did  45 minutes of Primal Move practice this morning. 15 minutes with my first client and 30 minutes with my love, at 8:30. this started rough but ended up stabilizing the shoulder even more and was my best PM session yet.


One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 /5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5/
24 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x7/7
         x8/8
         x9/9
         x10/10 x 2 rounds
180 reps
9540 lbs

these felt great! fast strong and light and the shoulder was 'in' the whole time.Nice.

Belt squats
32 kg x 20 x 3 sets

these went great as well and are my 'light day' I can see working up to a set of 100 in this as well for a light/endurance workloads.

KB floor extensions
16 kg x 12 x 4 sets

I love these

Bodyblade laterals
3 x 10/10

these are essential for my medial delts and suprspinatus.

I"M BACK :))


datsit.
Sisu/

2 comments:

Diana said...

"The only thing harder than figuring out what to do is remembering to do it"
Me.

Mark...aside from the great Vince Lombardi, you're quotes are some of the best! Still love the "it's a meal, not a party" one the best! :)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana
one of these I will write them all down in one place :))

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...