Saturday, August 11, 2012

You have to crawl before you walk



A down day.
Not a planned one, as it has been a good start to this comeback week( thursday was great) but my shoulder didn't want to play nice. I decided to listen and back off rather than fall off whatever edge I guess I am on.

No worries, still a decent workout and there is ALWAYS another one coming up soon. I also need to do lots more Primal Move work to get ready for my cert video.

6:30 am -7:30am

stretchout and primal move warmup

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 tr x 3 

Snatches
16 kg x 5/5x 2
20 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7 x 2 rounds
          x 5/5 

call it a day. first rib won't stay put.

two hand swings
24 kg x 10
28 kg x 10
32 kg x 10
40 kg x 10
         x 8 x 3 sets

SO NICE to finally have this most basic, and stable, exercise to fall BACK on,lol/Simple, solid, basic, heavy and stable.shoulder felt fine on this.

Two hand shield casts
15 lb cb x10/10
25 lb cb x 10/10 x 3 sets

not bad but could feel the shoulder. thats enough for today.
I do want to put belt squats in the routine 2 times a week they are really helping balance my body out and they are a solid heavy move for me now.

I am also feeling, despite the success on thursday, of taking the press out of my workout again. the cost benefit ratio doesnt' seem to be there for it anymore, despite getting closer to a no painful version all the time. Making it a 'lift' rather than a shoulder move has been the key but I want to focus my pushing efforts in Primal move work more than kb pressing, which I've done for years

I think the payoff will be better for my shoulders, as well. We'll see.

The schedule would look like this:

Sat
Snatch
Belt squats ( heavy)
Two hand arm casts
bodyblade laterals

Tuesday
One arm swings or max vo2
Belt squats( volume)
kb triceps ext
bodyblade laterals

Thursday
Two Hand swing
one kb row ( heavy)
Snatch Holds
bodyblade laterals



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...