Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gettin' close



It's been awhile since I was able to do 200 snatches in a workout with the 24kg. Too long. Don't even want to look back to see when the last time was. But I'm close now. This cycling of weights on Saturday has been working out great. The same principle, basically, as WSB  method. I put more force and acceleration into the 24 kg  now because I'm used to doing it with the 20 and the 22 kg.
When it's time to throw the 24 around I am tending to do it like I do the lighter bells. Just like bench speed day carries over to Max effort day and vice versa.

We did 17 sets of 5/5 today and my last set was 10/10 with the same bell speed as the early sets! This is exactly the goal and we could have done the 200 today easy but that is not the point. No hurry. It will be there and I'll be that much stronger when I do.

Left shoulder is really behaving and I did full pbar pushups today!! Yeah!!!! crazy happy about this. I will not quit.:))

Snatches
16 kg x 5/5/x3
20 kg x 3/3

24 kg x 5/5 x 15 sets
         x 10/10 x 1 sets
170 reps
9010 lbs

was  a set behind Glenn and Nick and they did 20 rep sets on the end so I decided to go for 10/10 on the last set and it was STRONG!

Clubbell shield casts
15 lbs x 10/10
          x 15/15
          x 20/20

this was tough but strong. left lat/shoulder is getting stronger and more stable every workout.

Pbar pushups
5 sets of 5 
woo hoo! feet on bench and shoulder behaved fine! FINALLY!

BB laterals/ Cable lateral
4 sets of 15/15 and 10/10

was a slow start this morning after spending 4 and half hours on the phone with Dell yesterday after my hardrive crashed but I got it together sooner rather than later. Felt physically strong just didn't come into my body for awhile:)) better late than never.

datsit.
Sisu/

2 comments:

Diana said...

Mark,
You make that 24kg look easy!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana,I have to say, the last set of 10/10 was as strong and fast as the first set, perhaps more.It's nice that training is going well again after so long just surviving.:))

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...