Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Heavy hi pulls



Right on schedule. Did the 28 kg last week and wanted to use the 32 for today's hi pulls and it worked out just fine. How nice of the body to cooperate for a change.
Got a good stretchout and primal move work in with my first client and it was a light day workwise so I was ready to go when Glenn showed up.

High Pulls
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7 x 2 round
28 kg x 10/10

these were solid but tough. Left hand grip was tougher than right ( shoulder good but not  perfect,elbow flexors a bit tight). Used the right hand grip  squeeze which strengthened the grip.
Since taking my contacts out my balance on swings and snatches is SO much better I can't believe it.

Also, haven't tweaked my swing or snatch form in weeks, which for me is some kind of record.But it's working and I am thinking about it less and going by feel more and it's very strong and powerful

Bottoms up cleans
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 3/3
28 kg x 2/2
28 kg x 3/3 !!

wow, this is coming back very fast how cool! My Pr on this is the 40 kg for 3/3 and I don't know if I'll get there or more but I'm very happy with this. I know the 32kg will be there for sure and that's enough, really.

Belt squats
40 kg x 15 x  4 sets

How cool I can do these with no warmup! The key focus for me on these is keeping the torque in my feet and especially keeping the big toe down. In fact, that's pretty much all I thought about during each set, just rooting through the left big toe. worked great. :))

KB floor extensions
18 kg x 10 x 4 sets

this was a great jump and the form and shoulder felt good. A bit tired of pushups so I gave them a break,

BB laterals

3x 10/10

pre hab here. just do it.

Another great workout and so happy to have such a solid training partner and student in Glenn. He kicks ass every workout and is making crazy good progress, Easy 6 sets of 3 in the  32 kg long cycle press. and easy too.

datsit.
Sisu/




No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...