Thursday, November 29, 2012

Double bell power swings.



Good but tough day today. Full schedule of clients which is always good but made for a very long day. With hard training at the end. With very little food. All good but tough going at the end. And then Glenn had to cancel with an emergency so it was solo.

It was dark and wet and nasty outside but at least it wasn't cold so that was something. And I realized I can organize my training so I can have it all :)) Heavy high pulls on tues and then two bell swings AND two hand swings on thursday. Just not as many sets of each. Alternate power swings on one version and the ballistic on the other and then switch the next week.
So:

Wk 1 2 kb power swing
         2 hand ballistic swings
Wk 2 2 kb ballistic swing
        2 hand power swings
Wk 3 2 hand ballistic swings
         2 kb power swing
Wk 4 2 hand power swing
         2 kb ballistic swing
plus I can alternate the starting exercise as well for a nice four week cycle. Each workout will necessitate different weights volumes and loads. Nice.

But that meant two hand power swings today, which I've never gone. No time like the present.I didn't feel weak,just tired.

Also, got a full one hour rifga stretchout from 6-7 and 2 primal move sessions with clients as well. Lots done before I even got to Stones. :))

It's a blessing to be able to do so much work. No joke.

two kb power swings
2 14 kg x 5 x 3 sets
2 16 kg x 5 x 3 sets
2 20 kg x 5 x 2 sets
2 24 kg x 3 x 3 sets

heres the 20 kg x 5 set:


these were HARD but really worked where I am weak: the hike pass back. As inexperienced as I am with double swings and I completely a newbie with these. but much progress will be made. guaranteed.

Two hand swings
24 x 10 ( did this feel LIGHT,lol)
28 x 10
32 x 10
36 x 10
32 x 10
28 x 10

I had delusions of 40 kg or more but I hit a wall. Bell speed slowed on the 36 so that was the sign that that was all I was getting.

Snatch Holds

16 kg x 30 sec
20 kg x 30
22 kg x 30

these were tough, energy flagging. the end is nigh :))

P bar pushups ( bench press pos)
3 x 5 
'not good. shoulder making noise from the get. done


datsit.
Sisu/

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...