Tuesday, December 11, 2012

28 kg High pulls, belt squats



These went great today. Since I had a pr with the 36 kg last week it was time to step back. The 28 kg seemed like a good choice. Heavier enough to make me pay attention but light enough to focus on technique.

There are many ways to create intensity in a practice; weight sets and reps are only the obvious. Dialing in the teshnik is another and can really take things to the next level.

But I hadn't planned that being part of the training, it just happened. These days I look for those little, important signs from my body or the bell to guide me in ways to make my training harder or easier. Today it was easier.

I decided to think about hiking the bell both UP behind me, as well as  BACK. This made a huge difference, especially on my difficult left side and  gave me a very good feel of the stretch reflex though the hips. I've been 'searching' for the back end of the swing/snatch/hi pull on my left side and this seemed to be it. Even more than squatting down more as I played with Saturday. This seemed to be the rhythm I've been searching for. We'll see if it sticks but today was very nice

High Pulls
16 kg x 5/5/x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 3/3

28 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10
Done! and easy and strong 90 reps.
My back was tight this morning from not getting enough stretching in and too much computer time but I got that opened up quickly and went into the session feeling as square and plumb as I've been in awhile

This technique also keeps the bell in closer to the crotch and locked into the rib cage better. We'll see how it translates into snatches though.

Belt squats
48 kg  10 x 5 sets

these were very solid. Back to the 32 and 20 rep sets next week. I think the cycle has to be 32/40 and 48. No more of these intermediate weights. PLUS time to add in Goblet squats and depth squats off two boxes as well. I smell a specialized variety rotation being born :))
Same but different is my favorite type of training.

Band Pullups
5 sets of 5 with purple band! 

Stinkin' easy! Chin over bar too. this felt great and shoulder didn't say a peep. One more week with purple and then to black monster mini and then real pullups again!

Bodyblade
3 x 10/10

datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...