Tuesday, December 04, 2012

36kg Hi Pulls Pr



This was a long day after a long day. got some solid muscle release and mobility work last night so I was in pretty good shape for today's workout. Also, a short but decent Primal move session with a client so that helped as well.

High Pulls
16 kg x 5/5/ x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets Pr 
28 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets
24 kg x 10/10 x 2 sets

The hardest part of the 36 kg sets were the grip on my left hand! It was serious work to hold onto it and I found myself using a tight right hand grip to strengthen it. Part of it is overuse fatigue but also I just don't do any really heavy grip work anymore and it shows!

But it was an all time Pr. I've done one arm swings with the 36 twice before but always for just one top set. this was the strongest it's ever been, in retrospect. The 40 is next. Never have used that with one arm. It will be a great victory :))

Belt squats
44 kg x 15 x 4 sets

very solid. I love that I can just start with the heavy weight on this, no warmup required.next week the Beast and after that back to the 32 kg and 20 rep sets again.

Half Pullups
4 sets of 5

more than just scap pullups my chin was close to the bar for no problem . Full chins very soon. that sub scap mob has made an incredible difference not only in my shoulders but in my entire torso.

bb laterals
3 x 10/10

datsit
Sisu.



No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...