Saturday, December 15, 2012

Another mission accomplished. 200 snatches with 20 kg



We did 192 reps last time with this bell( 8 sets of 12/12). Last week we backed off with the 24 kg as we had hit 200 reps with that bell the workout before so I was thinking about going for 200 reps with this bell but I was fairly beat up from the weeks training.
A bad move doing some Primal move on wednesday night clunked my shoulder out and I wasn't getting enough time under the lacrosse ball to get it out correctly so until last night, so I wasn't sure if trying for a high rep pr was a good idea.

As usual I will wait til I get hand on bell for my body to tell me what is right to do and today it told me I would be doing 200 reps and it would be easy.And, as usual, it was right again,

Nick had to leave early so he busted out his 200 reps in record time we tried to warmup in the meat locker we train it. He set the pace though with 7 sets of 12/12 and one set o 16/16 for a strong 200.

But that left just me , and Glenn and Joe so the pace quickened.:)) No problem though and we just motored through it. What a great crew and man it's so much more fun to train with a group of real deal guys that are on the same page as you. SO reminds me of the best of my powerlifting days.

We were more than warm in record time. Swings and snatches do that for you. Got a solid stretch out early this morning and felt solid going in. Shoulder was cool too although not perfect.More light, daily snatch holds again.

My new technique of hiking the bell back AND up worked like a charm and I let the bell drift a bit lower on the left side than on my right and that worked great too.:)) Really gave me that back end of the swing I've been looking for. Much more stretch reflex than I have been getting, and really takes the load off the grip as well.

Snatch
( warmup 3 x 5/5/5/5 x 3 high pulls)
16 kg x 5/5 x 2

20 kg x 12/12 x 7 
         x 16/16 
Pace= 28 reps/ min

200 snatches
8800 lbs

Looking closely at the video I'm glad I did the "extra" rep. It wasn't. Glenn was on count, I messed up. I can't count, at least I know it.



Sweet! My left hand grip ( related to the shoulder) was going on the last few reps but it held. Right side was EASY all the way around.Very happy with this.

CB Arm Casts
25 lbs x 10/10
          x 12/12
          x 15/15
35 lb x 6/6

these were tough at first( heavy ) as the torso was pretty toasty. then it calmed down so I did the 35 lber.

Tactical Pullups
purple band
x 6,7
with mini band(!)
x 5, 5

YES! The mini band reps were easy and all with chin over bar! Bodyweight very soon. It's time for this move and I can feel it is having a therapeutic de loading effect on the shoulder. Too many pushups have not felt good.


datsit.
Sisu/



6 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Great da, great group, great flow. It's an honor walking into the rifstonian meat locker, stepping on the platform and following in the footsteps of Men, strong ones at that! We had a tempo and groove today and crushed our 8th set and 16 rep/side demands. Saturdays are a thing a beauty & beastly proportions :)

Mark Reifkind said...

you are such a great addition to this crew Joe. Your energy is awesome! Plus, you are a horse and that helps :))

Craig B. said...

Hi Mark- I was lifting and remembered emailing you about good workout tunes a couple years back. Don't know if I mentioned it, but you might dig El Hombre Montana by Las Natas. Nice on the snatches!

Mark Reifkind said...

Craig thanks I will google them!

guy said...

Another great post Sir, as an aside, I have to say that you also have excellent taste in music. Have a great week!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guy and I do love my music selection.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...