Saturday, January 05, 2013

20 kg snatch day/ 13/13 x 6 sets



This system of rotating the weights on the snatch each week,cycling up to two hundred total reps and then re cycling with higher reps/set seems to be working.

It's the same each week, but very different indeed. The heavy days support the light days which support the medium days. The low reps build the high reps and the medium ones as well. Very interesting. So nice now that I am fit enough to be able to plan for these things finally.

Since we hit 200 reps with the 20kg 3 weeks ago it was time to cycle down for total volume but up the reps per arm from 12 to 13. Not my favorite thing but it wasn't that bad. Nice to see form, strength and recovery are all working in the right direction :))

7 am 30 minutes mobilization and flexibility work. things felt very good actually. The two days of rest after Wednesdays' heavy work is paying off.

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5x2
20 kg x 13/13 x 6 sets
156 reps
6864 pounds

these went very well, not a problem at all.

Gama Casts
15 x 20
25 lbs x 16
35 lbs x 10 x 2
25 lbs  x 20



got interested in these when a reader commenting on my arm cast as whether I had tried these. I hadn't and looked them up so I could do them right. I really really like them! I think they are my new favorite  CB move!

Here's Alberto Gallazi CST Master showing how they're done to perfection. I don't know how heavy the club is but it's probably the 80 lber!



Pushups( on p bars , horizontal)
feet on floor x 8 x 2  NO CLUNKING at all! Perfect! 
feet on box x 5 x 2 NO CLUNKING either! SWEEEET!

I am taking the chest all the way to the bar, then pausing and I think that helps create more stabilization. My left shoulder/tricep was getting a little crampy, I think from the increased ROM but the shoulder was perfectly stable for all the sets!  awesome


datsit.
Sisu/



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see you enjoying the Gama casts Mark! You'll be swing a mace bell next! Stu

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks for turning me onto them Stu.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...