Wednesday, January 23, 2013

40 Kg Two hand Swing



Long day at work and still fighting some bronchitis the last few days. Still feel fine just a bit less energy. Low food intake the last two days as well. Weight still the same at 157 lbs.

We're working off a full cycle with no more than one day's rest, first time in a long time and I'm very happy with my recovery. Very little soreness or stiffness, relatively, and  I haven't been getting near enough flexmobe work of late but not suffering much for it. Still get plenty throughout the day and even with clients but it's not the same as a dedicated session. Plan on fixing that though.

Two hand swings
16 kg x 10/x 2
20 kg x 10
24 kg x 10
28 kg x 8
32 kg x 8
40 kg x 10 x 12 sets
120 reps
10,560 lbs work  ( more than I expected)

was planning on ten sets but things felt good. better than expected as well, so we did an extra two. Not much volume by some of the big swingers out there but great for me and I try to accelerate each rep as much as I can and that makes a big difference in speed of fatigue.

Two kb deadlifts ( sumo)
2 16's x 5
2 20's x 5
2 24's x 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

just experimenting, wanting to add another leg day in and thought this might be good. Not sure.I default to my dl pattern and it's more hip and back than leg. Have to keep looking, perhaps 2 kb belt squats/

Snatch holds
16 kg x 40 sec
20 kg x 40 sec
24 kg x 40 sec
24 kg x 30 sec

these are getting much better, finally. The overhead position is moving in again, on both arms and my strength overhead is better too, although the 40 seconds with the 24 was tough,especially on the right arm.

Rack walks
18 kg x 200 ft x 4 sets

these were good should have done more . could definitely feel the difference in my arms and shoulders though. will weight cycle this as well, 16, 18 and 20 kg for now.


datsit.
Sisu/


9 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Hmm, 2kb DL sumo style. Curious to how that will hit the body, hope its a positive.

You going to add the sled?

Mark Reifkind said...

I'm not sure about the kb dls as I wrote I seem to revert to a dl and I want another leg exercise.

I will do the sled but it wasn't the day to try another new move after the kb deads. have to make haste slowly.

Mark Reifkind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Reifkind said...

what I really need to work up to is double kb front squats :)

Joe Sarti said...

That's a great plan, double FS :)

Mark Reifkind said...

if my shoulder holds :)

Joe Sarti said...

Start light? And keep reps really low? How are single bell FS

Mark Reifkind said...

same problem with the left shoulder staying stable. it would 'clunk' around on the descent. it wasn't a weight issue but position.

want to try again now that the shoulder is ( more) stable. and a wider stance.

I was trying to always use a narrow stance but that tilted me forwards too much( restricted knee mob)

Joe Sarti said...

Makes perfect sense understanding what I do about both your shoulder and knee, positions are key for you. I know your f-ing strong :). I would think narrow would be not your best suited due to knee and possible additional stress on shoulder. I will be interested to see your progress here.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...