Monday, January 07, 2013

Back to pressing



It's been quite awhile since I've pressed kbs. July in fact as my left shoulder would just not stabilize and I got tired of trying. But in the meantime I've seemingly rehabbed the shoulder and re discovered my pushing groove via pushups so I decided to try my hand at kb presses again.

It was a good session although I have no idea if it will continue.No clunking at all ,either in the single bells or with the doubles but we'll see.

One arm swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5 x 3

Long cycle clean and press
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 3/3 x 2
24 kg x 3/3 x 5 sets

These felt fine but so strange after all this time.I'd love to feel the confidence I once had in this movement again. I would appreciate it so much more this time :))

Double bell press
2 16 kg x 5 x 5 sets

Just wanted to play with this and see if I could even do it! Not that bad,actually. better than expected. Kept my eye gaze down a bit and that seemed to help




that overhead position for me will never be perfect but it's slowly getting better( VERY slowly,lol) But the more overhead stick stretching I do the better.

Belt squats
48 kg x 20 x 4 sets

this was tough. I did some longer distance crawling this morning and my leg didn't like it. It loved it when I was crawling; I was strong, fast and had some decent endurance. But since the leg doesn't full extend or flex working in the flexed position for any length of time seems to really lock it up and that was settling in really well just about now.

Didn't know if the squat would help or hurt but my legs were seriously tired and not bending well at the start

Floor Triceps extension ( paused)
18 kg x 8 x 3 sets

Bodyblade laterals
3 x 10/10

done!

datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...