Saturday, February 23, 2013

20 kg Snatch 200 rep workout 13's



I knew this was going to be a good one and it was. Missed my snatch workout last week and didn't think it would affect me negatively and it didn't.Slept well, ate well, felt strong and ready to go,especially mentally.

I was planning on taking this steady and calmly and that's how it went. When it was time to start I actually mistook the 20 kg bell for the 16kg :) It looked small and that was a great sign. It felt light in the hands too and the first sets were very strong and easy. I was unusually warmed up early today but at five sets in, with three to go, I felt the slog coming on :)) But with Glenn and Joe's energetic help( everybody crushed this) it made it that much easier.

I had delusions of grandeur last night thinking I might do 6 sets of 13/13 and do 26 and 26 combining the last two sets but knew immediately after set three that wasn't happening. My 20 kg bell handles are the most worn of all my bells and the chalk I used did not help things. It just seemed slippery to me so I think I will sub out one of the newer models with a more tacky grip or just not use chalk.

NO hand issues at all.A sure sign my technique is ok

One arm swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5 x 3

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20kg x 13/13 x 8
208 reps PR
9152 lbs

Two Hand Shield Casts
25 x 10/10
35 x 10/8
35 x 10/10
these KILLED already dead forearms :))

Pushups to straight bar

2 x 10
HS pushup ( spotted)
1 x 5

easy peezy NO clunking at all on either the regular or HS pushup. Definitely want to work these back into the mix.

datsit. dats enough ,lol
Sisu/


2 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

You were on fire today. Great speed, better groove. Energy and attitude in the room was infectious! Great team workout.

Mark Reifkind said...

thank you Joe, you were as well. Hell we all were. Another great training session.:)

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...