Saturday, February 02, 2013

22 kg Snatch 9/9 x 10 sets



Thought I was pretty much done with the bronchitis but last night it reared up again and it made breathing a bit more difficult than usual today. Slept well but still not great energy for this workout. Weighing in at 155 didn't help either and I haven't been trying to drop any weight :( I have been eating 'extra' clean and as long as I don't drop below 155 I'll keep it but if I do it will be time to break out the ice cream.

I know, I know, I'm not getting any sympathy on this and don't want it :) Just the facts. Lighter bodyweight DOES make the bell heavier. At 155 the  24 kg is 34 % of my bodyweight. For a 220 lb guy the 24 is just 24 % of their bodyweight. I would only have to use a 16 kg bell to get a 24 % weight. BIG Difference eh?

To all who say it doesn't matter, drop twenty pounds and watch ALL your lifts go down and feel heavier :) Of course I could also get heavier but that's not the goal- BUT it does make it tougher. Fact.

45 minute AM stretch  out and everything is still attached. Nothing talking to me except my lungs which is nice. Knee is behaving well and learning how to unlock the fibula via my toes is very cool. Everything is connected, that's for sure.

one arm swing warmup: 16 kg x 5/5 x 2 sets

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 3/3

22kg x 9/9 x 10 sets
180 reps
7920 lbs

this was not as bad as I imagined but it wasn't easy. HR was up higher than usual. My lungs opened up, right on cue, after my 7th set:)) the last three sets were the easiest. Next time around with this weight is 200+ reps then we up the reps to 10/10. Fun! ,lol.

Two hand shield casts
25 x 10/10
35 x 10/10 x 2

 this was rough the first set then settled down. The shields are easier on my wrist than the gama cast.

Pushups on rings ( feet on box)

YES! 4 sets of 5 full pushups on rings and NO destabilization. 

NICE! Dips are coming soon. Didn't get the full lockout I wanted but very close and most important shoulder was fine. Going to rotate floor pushups, pushups to straight bar and ring pushups on the two days a week I do these. SO SO SO happy to have this pattern back again.

Bodyblade laterals SS band laterals

3 sets of 10/10 on each  

datsit.
Sisu/


"Put your soul into the Iron Ball"

My next tattoo.
Arm courtesy of John Wild Buckley. Kanji by Nazo.

7 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Yeah you certainly pushed through today and impressively! Nice PR and smart as you did not overdue it. Another great day at Stones.

Diana said...

Being the respiratory therapist that I am, I have to chime in on your bronchitis! I'm a firm believer in leaning over a nice hot, steamy bowl of boiling water with a towel over your head and breath in that nice warm air to help open up them bronchioles and bring up the phlegm! I try to stay away from all antibiotics unless I'm dieing and this is a great way to loosen things up down there....bronchitis can take up to a full 8 weeks to clear up-hang tough!
Plus, I have to also comment again on your shirts....I love that thing! I've now washed it numerous times and it still has it's size...no shrinkage-love that! I will have to get more!
Hope you feel better soon!

Mark Reifkind said...

Diana,

thanks so much, what a great idea!I don't think antibiotics will do any good as all I read is that bronchitis is viral not bacterial.

If it takes 8 weeks then I don't feel so bad it's; it's only been two.

glad you like the shirts, I do too. I wish they were less expensive but that's the price for having them produced one at a time.:)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks joe, the video looks stronger than I felt, that's for sure. I ate up these last two days and I know that will help.:)

Mark Reifkind said...

diana

what about humidifiers? should I get one? I'm using the steaming water right now. very good. thanks

Diana said...

Humidifiers aren't good cause they tend to harvest more germs in the water as it sits.
The steam works the best! Glad it's helping!

I didn't think the price on those shirts were too bad~worth it so far!

Mark Reifkind said...

Diana

thanks for the tip(s) and the steam REALLY helped last night.Just did it again this AM, thanks again/

and yes, the shirts are worth it :)

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...