Wednesday, February 06, 2013

24 kg Snatch 13 sets of 7/7 .the focus is the focus



Since I am out of town this Saturday I am going to train Friday afternoon instead and thought I would just do Sat workout on Friday; but it's a biggun' ( the 24 kg day and 182 reps) so I decided it would be better to do it today. I got off work earlier and I wouldn't be as fatigued with just one days rest after the two hand swings I would have done today.

Glenn trained with me and we were both a bit anxious about the work not having done it on one day's rest. But the fact that it was NOT 8 am and super cold made a big difference. Plus, I ate early so I wasn't in a fasted state and that helped as well. Bottom line is the the 24 kg felt lighter and easier today than the 22 kg did last Saturday. Weighing 159 instead of 155 helped as well. 155 is too light for me. Easy enough to fix; just a few servings of gluten and all is well.

I was pretty well recovered from Monday's session much to my surprise:)

Snatch
one arm swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5/x3
16 kg x 5/5
         x 3/3
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 7/7 x 13 sets
182 reps
9646 lbs

My biggest challenge was not zoning out and staying associated with each and every rep. as well as not thinking ahead of myself at all; just staying connected to one rep at a time and one set at a time.Otherwise it just seems like TOO much to do,especially around the 8th and 9th set, when i'm tired and there's still plenty of work ahead.

Technique felt right on and I didn't rush the backswing or pull with the arm. Hands were perfect and left shoulder was NO issue at all. Thank God that's over with finally. Also both sides overhead position is the best it's been perhaps ever. Neither is perfect but both together are the most even ever.

Those snatch holds are key. Need to add another set in as well

Two hand cb arm casts
25 lbs x 10/10
35lbs x 10/10 x 2

these were tough as arms and shoulders were just plain tired.

Pushups to single parallel bar
2 sets of 10, 1 x 8 paused.

wow these were perfect and strong.Not a clunk to be heard. This pattern is back. So is the focus. I held correct focus on the snatches the entire time, Each and every rep and set I didn't let the anxiety or fatigue get to me. That's key.

datsit.
Sisu/



2 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Alright, setting things in motion. I will train Saturday with Nick. We will miss you but great work today and great feedback. Stay in the present moment with each rep...aka focus.

That's why training is such a great form of meditation. Kick ass and stoked to hear push-ups continue to get better :)

Have a great time at OKC

Mark Reifkind said...

Glenn will be coming by to encourage you guys as well. have fun it will be easy for you

and yes the pushups were awesome!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...