Monday, February 11, 2013

Light day, 16 kg double swings, belt squats, rack walks

After an incredibly exciting weekend watching Tracy just shred her first time ever on a lifting platform ( Pr in the 16 kg 5 min snatch and went the full ten minutes in the 12 kg short cycle jerk, Pr as well :) I was pretty tired when I got to my workout today.

But it was perfect time for a light session and double 16 kg swings fit the bill.

Double swings:
2 14 kg x 10 x 2
2 16 kg x 10  x 15 sets
150 reps
10,500 lbs ( this seems to be my baseline work load in pounds)

SO easy. I can't believe how much I love two bell swings now. Never would have ever though I would take to it. But as soon as I REALLY widened my stance back to my power squat days AND let the bells drop down FIRST, before pushing them back it changed everything and they are most fun to do.

But this was boring in it's ease and I had to be careful to still really put out on each set. I think the new 'bottom' for this move will be the 20's. Cycle 20's 22's and 24's. then once I'm set add in 28's.

Belt squats
32 kg x 25 reps ( Denis Vasilev inspired) x 4 sets

these were easy too and I'm now inspired to build up to 100 reps in this move once in a while. certainly bump up to sets of 50 :)) Nice to feel a quad burn again.

Rack walks
16 kg x 200 feet x 5 sets
1000 ft total

again, nothing. very easy. shouldn't really feel strong being so tired but I am:))

Pushup to single P bar alternate with P bar set
10
8 ( the shoulder doesnt' like reg pbar as well as single bar
9
7 ( going to do parallel pushups on rings but not p bars for now)
these went fine, learned more about what the shoulder likes and doesn't. single bar, rings and floor pushups are the cycle.

datsit.
Sisu/









No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...