Saturday, March 16, 2013

24 kg Snatches, 8's. Start strong, Finish Strong



I was a bit worried about today's workout after missing last weeks snatch session and not really getting back into my groove this week. I knew I would feel physically strong but not sure my body would cooperate. Just really didn't want to tweak or twinge anything today and it was 24 kg day for eight's.
We hit 200 reps with sevens last time so the reps got bumped. Welcome back :)
Sure enough the first few sets were all over the place as usual my lower body forgot what to do and my upper body wanted to take over.
It settled down by the 4th set but man I hate that feeling; strong enough to hurt myself. Just had to remain calm and focus on technique, which I did. The weight felt light but the first few sets things were 're setting' themselves and I had to be careful

It worked out well in the end but very glad that's over




Snatches
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5

24 kg x 8/8 x 9 sets
144 reps
7632 lbs

not bad at all. my knee was malaligned yesterday all day at work and my right hip was funky too. It settle in but it still scared me. I will not forget what messing up mechanically with fast moving iron can do to me. Took mucho focus but I brought it back it. This is the main reason I hate missing workouts, takes way too little to throw things off.

One hand clubbell arm casts and shield cast ( alternate 1 rep arm cast  1 shield cast)
15 lbs x 10/10 x 20 sets
         x 20/20 x 1 set

these felt great. Haven't done one arm cb work in forever. a good compliment. have to bring my 20's back into the gym

Great to be back at Stones with the guys as well and experience that "love" that only your crew can give you ,lol. They know what I'm talking about. And thanks to Joe Sarti for making this great shirt for me too. thanks man

Bar Pushups
3 sets of 12! reps

these felt great. time to push up the reps now.

Bodyblade laterals and band external rotators

3 sets of 10/10

datsit.
Sisu/

nice to really train again!




2 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Ah yes, Saturday is the best training day of the week. I love the energy and occasional humor ;-). It is great to be with such a strong group and one that genuinely loves training and together.

You are a great leader, always leading from the front and giving all of us room to explore and grow individually and collectively.

I loved the concept of every once in a while you have to flip the switch, blends so well with are consistent efforts week in and week out.

We just keep getting better, individually and collectively. The makings of a real team!

Mark Reifkind said...

exactly joe. It's my favorite day of the week.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...