Friday, April 26, 2013

20 kg Snatch, a day early



Going to Seattle tomorrow to support Tracy in her first KettlebellSport full biathlon competition and had to get the workout in today. Not quite recovered from Wednesdays two hand swing fest but I wanted to get something in. Decided to lighten it up and bit and it's a good thing as even light felt heavy :)) Sure sign I made the right decision.

Got a full stretchout early this am and felt pretty good all morning but just tired again when it came to train. No biggie just another day at the office. I would feel better leaving than coming in and I did,always do.

Snatches
14 kg x 5/5 x 2

16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10
         x 8/8/5/5
         x 6/6
138 reps
6072 lbs

this looks better on the page than it felt. my hips are not feeling as square as they've been and I need to figure that out.this was just work.

One arm swings
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5

lol, that's crazy! what was I doing swinging the 40? especially jumping from the 32? i was in a rush and NEEDED to one arm that 40 kg at least but it was NOT smart. Thank goodness it went well but that was not a smart move.It wasn't that hard though, lol.


datsit. Just a short one but needed to do something

Sisu/



4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Nice work! Sounds like more therapy is needed in the short term to get that plumb, square, align thing. You are the brightest guy I know in the business, so I am sure you will right the ship. Even so, damn good work load with a strong 5 rep 40kg 1 arm swing finish!

Good luck to Tracy, see you next Saturday, squared and plumb

Diana said...

Best wishes for Seattle!

Love that picture at the end of your post-totally stealing it!

Mark Reifkind said...

yes Joe I will get it squared up, I think I need more basic extension work. I'm on it.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana take it, I did :)

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...