Monday, April 08, 2013

Double 28 kg swings and double 20 kg long cycle clean and press



Definitely a different mind set going into the gym thinking about going as heavy as I can that day and not about how many sets and reps I can do with a particular weight. Heavy hasn't been an option forever so the volume approach was perfect and may be again, but this is a nice break.

Definitely forces me to concentrate the mind better. Heavy always does. High reps and mucho sets do too but in a different way.
5:30- 6 am half body stretchout
7:))- 7:30 other half :)

1 pm
Double swings
2 14s x 10 x 2
2 16s x 10 x 2
2 20s x 8 x 2
2 24s x 8 x 2
2 28s x 6
         x 8
         x 9
         x 10 !
these went very strongly although it's obvious they are not high enough but, hey, I'm happy. They felt strong and moved quickly. Got to lock the left elbow better and pack the shoulder more but again, I'm very happy. Now that Joe bought a Rogue 32 kg ( along with a 40 kg) I will think about working up to double 32's as well. Why not? Doesn't have to be perfect just done.
I have to master the 28's much better though before I even think about it. BUT double deadlifts are on the menu now for Wednesdays and that I can use them for. Of course I think Joe has other plans for them but we'll see :)

Long cycle clean and press
2 16s x 5 x 3 sets ( took this long to warmup the shoulder)
2 20s x 5 x 5 sets

these took forever to warmup but once the did they felt solid. Have to pause in the rack and really lock the left shoulder down as I start the press or it goes wonky.




Belt squats
40 kg x 25  x 4 sets
100 reps

love these still.

Bodyblade laterals
3 x 10/10

datsit.
Sisu/



4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Haha, I will leave a 32kg for you :). I love seeing you lifting heavy knowing how strong you are! Ps: nice work today!

jockeRKC said...

The animal is awakening in you again Sir =)
Go hard my friend and be well

Mark Reifkind said...

Joe ordered one myself last night! I thought yours would be for your gym:) can't have too many :)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Joakim have to be careful too. Tough guy cycle and all :)

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...