Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Snatch Vo2, 32 sets



Man, I love having done this workout but HATE having to do it. Oh yea, and DOING it. sucks too. LOL. It's actually not that bad but it's just not my cup of tea.

Did a ton of crawling yesterday and came through with NO issues save a slightly touchy left adductor that said hello in the middle of the snatch set(s) but no big deal.The crawling felt great and was very easy but I still have to be very careful not to overdo.

The KStar/Diane Fu Shoulder mob worked better than I could have ever expected and the constant ache in my right shoulder was completely GONE all day today. It's unbelievable how much more energy is immediately available when one doesn't have to deal with managing pain. Crazy.

It's almost impossible to imagine not having to manage SOME pain everyday; it's been that way for so many years. But I can see the end, actually. Haven't been so close to square, plumb and neutral since I was 17 and before my first injury.

SISU baby SISU. Never give up :)

Snatch Vo2
16 kg 
15:15
32 sets of 7
224 reps
8064 lbs

not too bad at all . cooler today so we didn't sweat our asses off  and that helps. Next week up to 36 or 40 and then onto the 20kg and some sets of 10/10. Not going to do Max indefinitely, that's for sure. Hate it too much:))

A cycle of Max, then some 20 kg 10's then the 24 kg for 5-7 and some volume and repeat the micro cycle. Sounds like a plan.

Sled Drag
 5 laps of 200 feet.

these felt great. bumped the weight up 5lbs as well.

Triceps pushdowns with band
5 sets of 20 reps for fun

datsit.
Sisu/




No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...