Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Snatch Vo2 35 sets of 7

A weird day today, like the Moon was in Uranus :) Nothing felt 'right'. Nothing really bad but just 'off' a bit. Oh well, if I waited until I felt great to train I would never train:) I got the news I was solo today this morning as well and Max Vo2 was on the menu. Lovely. Hate this workout and doing it alone is JUST that much more fun.

But it is also character building and I know that. Time to saddle and focus harder.You HAVE to be able to train alone or else it's never really YOURS. You're dependent on someone else to help you through the workout and that never lasts.The extra help from a good training partner is great, and it's amazing what more one can get out of oneself with a great training partner but the bottom, bottom line is you have to train when it's scheduled and that's that. No matter what.

Especially if you don't want to :) Do something.

 It's so nice now that's it's finally warm again and my joints are definitely defrosting . I pledge to NEVER bitch about the heat, no matter what.Being cold is SO much harder on me it's not even close
I don't mind the heat nor sweating; it's just sweat, but I do need some wrist bands or the hardest part of the workout won't be the sets and reps but not losing my grip in my own water.

Snatch Vo 2
16 kg
15:15
35 sets of 7
245 reps
8820 lbs

I hate doing this but I love having done it :) Nothing works me harder than this and going fast on something feels so good.


Not bad for a 56 year old guy if I say so myself.

The heavier swings are definitely making this feels as light as it should

Sled drag
60 lbs x 300 ft x 3 laps
          x 200 ft x 1 lap
1100 ft .
these were extra special fun after snatch vo2:) Not much rest in between sets as without Glenn there to pace it I couldn't tell. It was like a continuation of the snatch workout, breathing( or not breathing) wise.

Bodyblade laterals
4 x 10/10
need to take these more seriously again for supraspinitus work.

Band rear delts
3 x 20

3 Direction arm circles
2 rounds


shoulders are cooked!

datsit.
Sisu/

Karen and Mike Rossler's AWESOME logo for their company SisuStrength .

6 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

So true Rif, these past few months training at Stones on M/W alone sure has taught me a lot about myself, training and more. Does not matter the work in front of you, like you said it's the workout, it's scheduled and you need to do it, so better do something :)

Nice fricking work today, max VO2 is rough as it is, but alone is terrible. Damn good, 56 Or any age! :)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, it was a good day for both of us :)

Mike Moran said...

Looked great to me. Looked to me like if you did not have a grip of steel that KB was gonna fly up outta the roof of your garage. Power.

theknucklefade said...

Great stuff...but over here in Scotland the moon in yer anus is definately a turn of phrase that makes me laugh out loud.
Great posts and great info much appreciated you sharing this with is

Mark Reifkind said...

lol thanks Mike. It wasn't fun but it never is. I like having done it:)

Mark Reifkind said...

knucklefade, that pun was on purpose:)

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...