Monday, July 08, 2013

28 kg Press, 22 kg snatch



It's very strange to have my shoulders back. I am so used to not being able to use them, to having them move around and clunk themselves out of position all the time that NOT having it happen is actually strange.

As is being able to press without them destabilizing as well. I'm STILL waiting for that "clunk" after I clean the bell and start to press it that tells me the shoulder is not centered and things will suck for awhile after.:)
But it hasn't been happening and the new reverse grip overhead work is keeping things in check very well. Now, if I can find the same button for my knee life will truly be grand and my Restoration of Lost Physical function will be as complete as it can be. They still will be 56 year old damaged, arthritic joints but if they don't hurt when I move it will be glorious.

The pushups didn't make the shoulders ache but they did do something to my neck which gave me headache all day. Weird .I'd rather do the back press anyway. Still weird.

I think I can actually start playing with long cycle clean and press again as well. That will be very cool.

KB press
16 kg x 5/5
         x 3/3
20 kg x 4/4
24 kg x 3/3
28 kg x 2/2 x 6 sets!

Nice! no problem but I did get a little fatigue on the 6th set and form fell off a bit but this is the most work I've done with it in a few months and I haven't done more than singles in quite awhile too. This is a good sign. weight felt light too.

My groove still looks too " long". it kind of 'waves' around instead of going straight up. My long arms don't help me here at all,especially if I can't lay back.

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
22 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10
90 reps

these were almost, dare I say it? Easy.Definitely helps to have the shoulders so warmed up overhead before beginning these.

Belt squats
44 kg x 20 reps x 4 sets

these were solid too. knee feeling the best it's felt in ages too. I like this trend.

Db curls
20 lbs x 12 x 3 sets

I do like the straight bar better than easy. Perhaps two hand band curls on Mondays and single band curls on Wednesday. Or cable curls


datsit.
Sisu/


1 comment:

Diana said...

Victory comes to those who press on, go through and persevere!
You should have the word "victorious" tattooed somewhere because you are what it is!

Congratulations Mark!
I wish you many more painless years!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...