Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Double 36 kg swings. low swings :)



Well this was a serious PR. Of sorts. A definite personal best in the sense I have never held two 36 kg bells in my hands and tried to swing them but they are pretty LOW swings, lol. And that's quite ok. Better than ok; especially how shitty I felt on Monday.I didn't tweak anything, they actually felt pretty solid in my hands and I probably should have done a few more reps to gain more momentum and get a bit more swing height.

But it doesn't matter. I will next time and this time will make me stronger for the next. and the next,etc.Even if the form isn't perfect just handling the weight makes me stronger. It is, after all, MORE than my bodyweight. By just a few pounds but it is. That ain't nothing.

Two kb swings
2 16's x 5 x 3( slow warmup)
2 20's x 5
2 24's x 5
2 28's x 5
2 32's x 5
2 36's x 5 x  3sets Pr!
2 32's x 5
2 28's x 6
2 24's x 8
2 20's x 10
2 16's x 12

this was a GREAT practice!

Sled drag
60 lbs x 200 ft x 7 laps
1400 ft no problem 

this felt better each set. Just a strong day.

Barbell curls
45 lbs x 10 x 3 sets

Back press
single strand x 15
double strand x 8 x 2
black strand x 10

single is too easy and double too hard, really. used the black monster mini band, knotted it and jerry rigged it. Just right.

seriously good day for a change

datsit
Sisu/


6 comments:

Morgan L. said...

You keep upping the ante with the 32kg doubles! I have to bring my A game every Tuesday!

Mark Reifkind said...

lol, YES , you do :)

Mark Reifkind said...

and those were double 36's ;)

Unknown said...

Mark how do you approach returning to training after a week or so off?

Morgan L. said...

Double 36's!!! Man, I've got work to do...!

Great job, man. And nice t-shirt in the video....

Mark Reifkind said...

Ran

since I am always wave cycling my lifts I just start at a light weight and start over.
I try to increase weights and or loads for 2-3 weeks in a row then back off and start over

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...