Saturday, July 06, 2013

Strength Endurance.

"All this talk about strength endurance," Pavel said at the certification. "It's nonsense if you have no strength to endure"

Right to point, as usual.

I've been building back my strength so I would have something to endure and it's working. I've been hitting my biggest numbers ever in the one arm , two hand  and two kettlebell swing lately but those swings are HEAVY and slow and not that high in terms of elevation.

Necessary as it was more important to just be able to 'touch' the weight and handle it for whatever sets and reps were possible. My max effort work, if you will. High force was more important than acceleration  but today it was time to back off a bit and use some of my new gained strength to feel the power and acceleration and increase work capacity a bit.

I chose 32 kg one arm swings for 10 sets of 10/10. No small workload for me. My all time best, done in Summer 2008 was 400 one arm swings, 20 sets of 10/10 and I haven't been close since. That workload was done on a lark and I didn't realize how much work it really was.

Today was not that bad although not easy I am very please with my strength, grip, endurance and power


I am pleasantly surprised when I see the video of how fast and strong, and how high they float, the swings are. Definitely compared to my 40kg and up swings:) But that's precisely the point; those heavier, lower, slower but HIGH force swings made these much easier. By making me stronger.

Nice to see it in actions

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 10/10 x 10 sets
200 reps
14,000 lbs work!

I took video at set five just in case I didn't 'make' it but the above video is my last set.

Two hand swings

32 kg x 5
40 kg x 5
48 kg x 5,6,7,8,9,10

these went very well too. two hands are SO much easier after heavy one arms!

Barbell curls

45 x 8
65 x 5/5
getting used to these although they certainly were not "easy" or light. Just work

Pushups to single P bar
3 x 8, 10,10 !!!!!

haven't done these in awhile as it seemed they were making my shoulder ache worse but now that I've solved that problem i want to see if I can do them again. The sets and reps were easy and the shoulder felt perfectly stable. I did my reverse grip overhead work to make sure but I think it will be fine!

How nice to feel like I have normal shoulders again!

datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...