Monday, August 19, 2013

Long cycle press 28 kg, one arm swings , belt squat and bar curls. the real last workout.



Well last Saturday was the last real HEAVY day but today's workout is officially the last workout before surgery.Good to report I'm feeling very strong and fit, a good thing going into what I am headed for!

Missed this Saturday's training so I was just a bit fresher than of late and felt it. Presses felt solid and swings were strong. Not huge volume but I didn't want to push it too hard and have a bunch of excess metabolites in the system right before surgery.It felt great. Started strong and finished fresh. Just what my head needed;every bit as much as my body :)

One arm swing warmup: 16 kg  x 5/5 x 3 sets

Long Cycle Clean and Press
16 kg x 3/3
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/2
28 kg x 2/2 x 3 sets
         x 3/3 x 3 sets

Felt like I could have done 5's. Definitely not strict. I am essentially doing the clean and press equivalent of a touch and go bench press but that's fine. Shoulders feel great and the weight's moving strongly. I can always dead stop pause one if I have to.Now that the cleans don't jack up my shoulder I much prefer this style to short cycle presses. much more.
If I had to pick up one exercise to do and nothing else this might be it.

One arm swings
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5

this was strong and solid as well! Just wanted to touch a big(er) weight, not do any volume and this worked perfectly.

Belt squat
40 kg x 20 x 4 sets

Now this will really change after the surgery! It will be great and weird at the same time to be able squat on both legs again!

Barbell curls
45 x 5
65 x 5
75 x 5
80 x 5~!

sweet. this was the perfect finisher. Time to eat, rest, stretch and focus. :)

Datsit.
Sisu.



4 comments:

brucedalai said...

Hi Mark!

My best wishes for your surgery.
I look forward to see you squatting again :-)

Take care.
Sascha

wow9gamer said...

I am essentially doing the clean and press equivalent of a touch and go bench press but that's fine. Shoulders feel great and the weight's moving strongly.Buy LOL Account

Cheap League of Legends Elo Boost

Rajinder Singh said...

If you have any question regarding knee replacement, you can meet us. Kalyan Hospital provides you with all service related to orthopaedic problem and knee replacement in Punjab . The modern technology used in our hospital has defined a new path for the attaining the patient’s goal in each and every surgical.

manu said...

Impressive post , good to read.

Best Neurologist in Bangalore,Contact us best neurologist in bangalore

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...