Saturday, October 05, 2013

40 kg One arm swings.



This was a tough one. I've been fighting off a mild cold and then some heavy allergy stuff all week and even today I'm still at the tail end so this didn't feel "light". But each set got stronger and stronger so it all ended well. Plus overall energy stamina and endurance are all up.

Slept well and got my pre workout stretches and mobs in. it was a cold morning so I should have taken my passive warmup bath but was lazy. Not next time, it makes a difference.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5+ 5 transfers
24 kg x 5/5 + 5 transfers ( more warmup)
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 x 10 sets
100 reps
8800 lbs

First set worst set is the new motto,lol. But it ended with last set best set so it was good

Two Hand swings
48 kg x 10 x 4 sets

ran out of gas for the 5th one but the other sets were solid. strong and fast.

Alternated reps on bike and Arm Casts
20 x 10/10
25 x 8/8
35 x 5/5

bike work is really coming along.still requires more warmup than I would like but I got down to the normal seat height and ankling at the end.This bike is flimsy so I have to make sure I don't break it :)

Barbell curls
45 x 5
55 x 5
65 x 5
55 x 12

these felt great. Overall things are coming together very well. Knee is feeling as close to a normal knee as I have felt in forever. Bodyweight is up to 152 in the AM which is up 2 pounds and I have three more weeks to get ready for Croatia and Italy! Want to be as strong and fit as possible for this trip and then the cert in Israel 4 weeks later.

datsit.
Sisu.

120 coming soon to a knee near me :)


3 comments:

Morgan L. said...

Your progress is crazy....I showed Carol this video and she was impressed to say the least.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, I've been feeling significantly better every day. especially since I came off the meds.

Mark Reifkind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...