Monday, January 27, 2014

22 kg snatches, split squats, crawls and a Big Bell arrives

Interesting day. Slept well, ate well, got a fantastic leg stretchout this am( which they needed as they were still tight from the weekend) got the deepest flexion in the left knee yet during my squat sequence. But when it came to the workout it was, well, uninspired.

I crashed a  bit from my last client and just got through the workout but there was no 'umph'. Then I realized I was feeling a bit of adrenaline let down from the weekend as well. No worries, this was just building more base, getting it done.
Glenn is out of town so I was solo today too.

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
22 kg x 5/5 x 11 sets
110 reps
5500 lbs work

thought about going for 130-140 reps but my head just wasn't into it and I decided not to push it

Split squats ( bw)
1 x  13, 10, 8, 6, 6

did these much slower than last week, emphasizing the bottom position more and longer and locked out at the top and this resulted in lower reps. No problem just a different type of stimulation

Backward- forward crawls
4 laps of 30 feet backward followed by the same forward

these kicked my ass as usual. Kind of 'repped out' after this weekend and I just let it go at four laps.

Hangs
4 sets of 15-30 seconds

these are getting better and easier all the time

took my nap only to be woken up by the UPS guy with our 68 kg Monster bell that is pictured above. Just getting it out of the package was a task nevermind duckwalking it the 30 feet into the gym,lol.I had to actually 'deadlift' the thing instead of just picking it up. Not light at all .
But what a beauty. Joe will probably swing it one arm but I'll settle for two hand swings and be very happy if it doesn't kill me

datsit.
time to eat up


next to the 52 and 48 kg bells

3 comments:

Diana said...

That is crazy! I never even knew they made such things!
I can carry a 100lb bag of corn-not sure if I could swing 138lb! That's some serious shit and makes me wonder if your UPS guy is now on a medical leave!

Can't wait to see the video of that thing in action!

Unknown said...

I wondered the same thing about the UPS guy! I'm sure he knows you and Tracy too well by now. LOL! Like Diana, I can't wait to see a video of you swinging that beauty!

Unknown said...

Saturday that bell will be swinging! Video to support. ;)

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...