Saturday, February 22, 2014

32 Kg One arm swings / Double bell swings and clubbell casts



Tracy is GS meet in Costa Mesa and I am still here tending the fort. Miss being with her but I didn't have to miss my training which is important if I'm going to attempt another five minute swing test next week for my birthday challenge. And I am.

So today was the 32 kg bell which is perfect as next week would be the 40 kg but I'm going to test the 36. Right on schedule. I don't expect them to be all chest height by any means but I will do my best.
Today's swings were solid though. Last time through I did 160 reps in sets of 8/8 and one of 16/16. This time I did straight tens, also for 160 reps but no sets of 20/20.
I felt very strong today in the body but the wind was not as good as last time.Of course not; I rested enough, ate well and slept well so of course that would be  off :)

30 minute lower body stretch/roll out.
Right shoulder spontaneously went back into place and sleep was very restful for the first time in three days.
I think the tactical pullup position is not good for my shoulder and next weeks technique will be an arched back chest to bar version. The Tactical form is too close to my gymnastics position and my body doesn't like gymnastics stuff anymore.


One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
32 kg x 10/10 x 8 sets
160 reps
11,200 lbs

Two KB swings
2 16's x 8
20 20's x 8
2 24's x 10 x 3
2 28's x 6


these went well and I'm slowly getting my groove back. these were done the least of all versions since my TKR and I do like them the groove and timing is very different from the other versions. I need more practice

Clubbell cast
20 x 10/10
25 x 8/8
35 x 6/6

Pbar pushups
4 sets of 8, touch and go. shoulder feels great.

not bad but the 35er sure felt heavy! hard on my wrists as much as anything.

good solid work today. Bodyweight this AM 159 even. BF registed 10.6 not bad for AM

Ten lap ruck tomorrow and no rain in sight so it should be solid.

datsit
neverquit.


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...