Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Full stretchouts, KB presses, pullups snatch holds and sled

Very busy super productive day today. Had two cancellations this morning which left me plenty of time to fully stretchout both the lower and upper body. Such a luxury!
And what a difference it makes. I got my heel well within four inches of my butt and that is CLOSE to full flexion.
Nice! And picked up a great stretch from one of the physical therapists at Revolutions in Fitness who are working out of No Excuses now.It's a modification of basic rocking technique with a yoga strap to traction the knee and let me go much deeper into the sit back as well as help my Seiza sitting position as well!
One tip can change everything and that was one awesome tipfrom Jeanette Krogstad.
8-8:45  Lower body work

back bends over ball, rollers, all the dogs, frog squat stretch, straddle stretches pikes then into
my static squat seqeuence. this time using 4-5 widths instead of three. Hips and knees opened up well.
Lunge stretch and cossack as well followed by step stretch too.
Standing heel to butt stretch with foot on massage table
Rocking with yoga strap.

10-10:45 Upper body stretchout
posterior capsule stretch and lacrosse ball work
arm circles and figure eight drills
kneeling t spine mobs ala Eric Cressey with elbows on bench

 overhead hangs in four grips
behind neck stick dislocates
peanut roller T1-T2 mobs
lacross ball pec and levator releases

great great stuff. energy high as well

1:30
swing warmups 16 kg x 5/5 x 3

Kb press
16 kg x 3/3 x 2
20 kg x 2/2 x 2
24 kg x 1/1 x 2
28 kg x 1/1 x 4
32 kg x 1/1 x 2 ( including a miss on the second attempt left )
28 kg x 1/1 x1
24 kg x 1/1 x 2

10 total reps above 20 kg

this went very well. SO much depends on me getting tighter in the rack. I've lost a lot of that total body tension ability now it seems because I dont deadlift or back squat heavy ( or at all ) anymore. It seems I lived off quite a residual of that strength for many years , and, took it for granted. Well I can see I have to get it back.
One idea is LONG pauses in the rack with the lat flexed for 2-3 presses with a medium weight. I am still rushing INTO the press, out of fear , really. Don't want to feel it, just move it. That will change.
But it was nice to press the 32 kg again on both arms. it's been awhile and the clean didn't feel that heavy. The first miss was just a mental trip and the right arm was no problem either time. My left side has " issues"
Basically it's totally different now since the TKR and I still haven't figure it out. I will.Not quite sure what is restricting my overhead position on the left side when it used to be my best lockout.

Band pullups( purple band)
3,3,4,4,4

these went well and chin above bar on all. much easier than last week.
when 5x5 is easy down to black mini band

Prying Goblet squat
16 kg x 1 x 2
20 kg x 1 x 2
22 kg x 1

these went better the heavier I went. I need the extra weight as the counterbalance. the 16 is too light to lean back against and I need that. start heavier next time

Snatch holds
16 kg x 30 sec x 3 sets

these went ok as well. have to be in here regardless :)

Sled pull
80 lbs x 250 feet x 2
90 lbs x 250 feet

these were VERY strong and I only did three laps to purposely slow it down. the most exercises in one session I've done in awhile. back off a bit.

great day!

datsit\.
neverquit.



No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...