Wednesday, March 19, 2014

24 kg snatches, front squat, chinups and crawls



The day started out rough but ended very well with the 24 kg snatch feeling very strong and my overhead position the best it's been in ages. The combination of the ring stretches and really digging into my very tight forearms with the lacrosse ball seems to have made a big difference in my overhead lockout. the shoulders felt the best the they have in forever. I almost forgot what it felt like NOT to have them ache.

Not much stretchout time this morning but I got enough in in the breaks

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 6/6 x 10 sets
120 reps
6360 lbs

didn't have to warmup much, made big jumps and had no problem at all with the weight or the reps. I even thought about doing 12/12 on the last two set but decided not to push it.But I could have done it no problem. cardio was strong too .

2 kb front squat
2 16 x 5
2 20 x 5
2 24 x 5 x 2
2 20 x 3 paused


these were "OK" Depth wasn't that good and  the main load was on the arms and shoulders and abs, not the legs. it's ok but it's certainly not my leg move of choice. it's good to keep the skill up and the 24's were not hard except in the arm sense.
No heavier I need depth more than weight.
Tried a wider stance as I can get deeper that way with no weight but not with the bells yet.

chinups purple band
4 sets of 4

these went great! first time trying the underhand chin grip and it was perfect. fits very well with the arched back, bodybuilder style I am using and now and I think my shoulders will like it much better too. we'll see tomorrow. the reps were easy.

crawls
4 passes of 70 feet.

strongest yet. didn't feel like throwing up at all :)

datsit.
neverquit


2 comments:

guy said...

Sir, What is your nutrition/eating like nowadays? Do you still IF?

Mark Reifkind said...

guy

yes back to IF. one handful of raw almonds around 9 am then my usual stirfry/yoghurt after training as my main meal.
then some wine and a small meal( either soup or oats) after the nap.
tracy is more vegetarian these days which means I am.
never been a big meat eater so it's cool
strayed away from IF after the surgery but it feels good to be able to fast again

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...