Monday, March 24, 2014

Another attempt at stacked 16 kg press, another miss :)



It don't always go and learning to miss a max lift safely is an important part of the game.I thought after last weeks miss I would be able to give this a better go but it didn't turn out that way. I had a different strategy: use the 16 kg as the base for all the warmups and just change the top weight. I thought the extra thickness of two 16 kg handles threw me off last week but it was just too heavy.
Just not strong enough. Yet.

But the warmup attempts were much stronger with better grooves so I am happy. I did 30 kg again with both hands this time on first attempts and that's better. Plus they were easier and gave me a lot of confidence that I could do double 16's but it didn't happen.

Stacked double press
16 kg x 3/3
16+8 x 3/3 24 kg
16 + 10 x 3/3 26 kg
16 +14 x 1/1 30 kg ( VERY strong and easy on left two attempts on right to find groove)
16 + 16 miss/ no attempt right.( didn't want to risk shoulder )

Single kb press
24 x 2/2

double kb press


wanted to give these a try and it was fun. not that good but fun. The good news is that both arms went up pretty evenly. the bad news is that my overhead position isn't really any better. But this incline type attempt was strong for me.

it was this way in powerlifting; my body didn't want to do things a certain way so I had to find another. I once made  my third and last attempt at bench press to stay in the meet by switching from regular grip bench to reverse grip.My shoulders were much happier but no one else was doing it way( well, almost no one- Anthony Clark bench 700+ in reverse grip) but I didn't care. Nor do I now. There is more than one way to press anything legitimately. And safely.

2 16's x 3
2 20's x 3
2 24's x 3
2 20's x 3

Tug of war Belt squat
32 kg x 12,12, 10, 10

these went great and the bell touched the floor on the last set for the last 4 reps :) Very cool

Sled drag
92 lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps

very strong, got up on my toes and really 'faked' sprinted on some pieces on the last pass :) After three very tough leg days already it's nice to still have some legs in me. Getting where I want to be.

datsit
Neverquit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...