Monday, April 14, 2014

28 kg press, 32 kg belt squats, sled

Well just it goes to show you you can't pick the workouts that are going to shine. I thought today's presses would go easy. I slept great, got a solid shoulder stretchout, ate well was mentally ready and then; meh.

I got the reps alright but they weren't right. The bell felt heavy in the rack and there was no zip on the presses. I should have dropped to singles but I ground out  six sets instead, dropping to the 24 kg for some triples that weren't that great either( that was a sign).

Saturday's workout took more out of me than I thought even though I wasn't sore or achy at all. Just tired it seems.
'Just another brick for the foundation


KB press
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/2
28 kg x 2/2 x 5 sets
            1/1 x 1 ( first rep sucked so I stopped- spun out early)
24 kg x 3/3 x 2 sets

.....next.

Belt squat
32 kg x 10
         x 12
         x 14
         x 20 !!! ALL reps the bell paused on the floor.solid flex at each lockout too. Nice!
on this set I also did a free squat ( no tug of war with glenn) and got it to pause as well. Definitely different groove but it's coming and I can see how the tug of war squats are helping to transfer  to the free ones( as well as ALL the bodyweight squats I do all day. Counted 60 today at work :)

Db laterals
12 lbs x 15
15 lbs x 10 x 3 sets

best these have felt. groove was solid and arms stayed in correct alignment and shoulders didn't hurt at all. heaviest yet.

sled pull
92 lbs x 250 x 4

VERY strong and powerful. could be time for more weight.


while not my strongest it was a solid day

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...