Wednesday, May 07, 2014

20 kg snatch,lunges, shoulder sled pull



Ok definitely on the tired side now. Pushed it pretty hard these last four days and more loading than unloading time. Filled some time I thought I was going to have for stretching and mobilization in the AM with clients so I am behind on the full 'unglueing' of tissues. Can really tell; especially with all this uber hard leg work I've been doing.
PLUS spending most of the morning squatting instead of sitting, and, today,demoing quite a bit of 100 ups, both minor and major
SO cool to be able to feel like I can run again but the legs are definitely tired now.
Got an early start too but it still was freakin' hard today.

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 8/8 x 10 sets
160 reps
7040 lbs

never felt good overhead. I did have plenty of overhead stretch out time today so I can't blame that but getting my arm over my head loaded just isn't much fun anymore. Actually thinking of subbing out clubbell swipes next week to see how they would feel. They are definitely too much in addition to snatches but perhaps instead? I even  put on my oly shoes and that actually made it feel better but not that much.
I'm just not sure the snatches are helping me much anymore.

Lunges
bw x 10/10
2 cbl shoulder park 10 lbs x 10/10 x 4 sets

these actually felt really good. stayed on one leg fore and aft and tried to do them in airborne lunge fashion. Knees are tired though

Shoulder sled drags
80 lbs x 250 ft x 4
1000 ft

these felt great!really leaned in and felt like I was running( no impact ) but they felt very powerful.
very tired at the end though time to eat

datsit,
neverquit


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark, I'm a new follower of your blog-you mentioned it felt great to feel like you could run again-did you have some kind of injury recently that has kept you from running?

I feel like I'm right there with you, though. Been healing up a lumbar spine derangement/hip impingement/shoulder impingement for the last few years and they are all "about there" at the same time. It's at that scary stage where you want to push it but know it's probably best to wait a bit longer to test.

Love your insight. Stay strong

Bret Hamilton

Morgan L. said...

Mark is too humble to say, so I will say it. He had a total knee replacement not too long ago. And he's back doing these insane workouts. The man is a machine...

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...