Saturday, May 31, 2014

24 kg one arm swings, 52 kg two hand dead stop swings, crawls, triceps

Another solid day, just what I was hoping for for the second to last kb workout before my trip to Italy. Very interesting to come down to the 24 kg after last weeks 48 kg training. The result is just what I planned. very crisp, fast accelerative swings with the very low perceived exertion. That's what getting into shape feels like: more work than ever but feeling like you did nothing.

Want to really focus on the one arms so I bumped the sets up from 10-15 and got up to 300 reps. Not close to my pr of 600 but it's ok. I chose to increase sets instead of reps because I've found after 20 rep sets the power goes down and I don't want that. Rather do more sets

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3 sets
24 kg x 10/10 x 15 sets
300 reps
15, 900 lbs

Two hand dead stop swings
32 kg x 5
40 kg x 5
48 kg x 5
52 kg x 5 x 2

tried the 68 kg bell again but it just doesn't work for two handers and it will be a very very long time before I attempt it with one arms so that's cool. If I didn't have anything other than the 48 kg that would be fine as well/ IN fact, I just might limit it to that.

Crawls
4 laps of 50, 60, 70 100 feet

first time crawling in a few months, we'll see how the shoulders react. I think they will be fine and that it was the pressing and snatching that caused the problems. that would be very nice as I love the crawl for many reasons.
Strong and easy today. glad it didn't fall off too much. a good sign

Ring triceps ext
4 x 15, 12, 11, 10
yea! all sets above 10 reps.

Goblets
20 kg x 3 sets of 2

just to open up the hips

12 lap ruck march tomorrow. should be great.

datsit.
Neverquit.



No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...