Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Double 24 kg swings, walking lunges, shoulder sled. 9 month Anniversary of TKR.



Solid day today despite being awake since 1 am with some back weirdness. Nothing that didn't get opened up once I got going but sitting too much on the weekend watching movies definitely had a negative effect. Especially when combined with heavy two hand rep swings with the 40 kg
Just another reminder to be on guard with my back and that I can never take pain free mobility for granted.
Mess up, disturb the body's balance too much and it can come back in a heartbeat! And I'm done with being in pain. Just done with it. No lift or record or workout is worth that again, that's for sure.Especially with as good as I'm feeling these days.
It's just very very clear to me how much bad posture can great pain and disfunction.

And today is the 9 month anniversary of my TKR :) What an amazing, wonderful gift this was to myself. I can't believe how blessed I feel to have this second chance to have a normal lower body again. Just amazing!

Stretched out the abs and deep hip rotators and my back opened up really quickly but that's the first time I've been awakened by my back in many moons. Don't like it at all :) but I can't spend hours with a posterior tilt and get away with it it seems.

Two kb swings
2 16's x 10 x 2
2 20's 10 x 2
2 24's x 10 x 10
100 reps
10,600 lbs

these felt easy and strong.

Walking lunges
15 lunges out, 15 lunges back x 4 laps

these went great! did them outside and on the grass in vibrams and I liked it. very solid knee to grass every rep. legs felt strong

Shoulder sled pull
85 lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps

again, in a sprint crouch and faux running. awesome work! I have to hold myself back which is great!

datsit.
Never quit.

3 months to one year in.




2 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations on your continued success Mark!
Life is fun when it's fun!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana. Life is fun when you can move without pain :)

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...