Saturday, June 14, 2014

36 kg One arm and two hand swings, crawls, ring triceps


Had a visit from Mike Sousa SFG2 and all around strong guy at Stone Gym today. He elected to come and train with us on our "boring" but tough swing day. Glad to see we made him work a little :)
It's not a sexy workout but it ain't easy. It's deceiving at first, just a few swings with a ( semi) moderate weight. But when they just don't stop and your goal is to keep the power and acceleration up, the concept of having a high work capacity sinks right in. Mike kicked it's ass but it left a mark :)

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 7/7 x 10 sets
140 reps
11,060 lbs


Glenn wanted to play the US Army Cadence song and it seemed perfectly appropriate
" hard work, work; hard work work "

My sets felt great.Strong and fast. grip held easy. I decided to take this inbetween weight as I missed the 32 kg week last week and didn't want to use the 40. I do the 44 kg next week before I take off for Sweden SFG 1 course. Tactical periodization :)

36 kg Two hand swings
5 sets of 10

No problem either ,strong and fast.

Interestingly, even though we had a fifth man in the mix, we finished the workout 15 minutes earlier than usual. And we weren't even trying, at least I didn't think so. Well maybe trying to impress :)

Crawls
4 sets of 50, 60 70 80 feet

these felt great

Ring Triceps extensions
4 sets of 18, 15, 12, 10

these went well. here's a video from a few years ago when I just revisited them



Negative only pushups
2 sets of 8
REALLY need to be able to do these. Try again and see how shoulder feels. Since I'm not pressing or snatching I should be able to get away with them. It's much more important to me to be able to do pushups than press overhead. For sure

Datsit. Regular Ruck march tomorrow. Can't wait
Neverquit.


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...