Saturday, July 26, 2014

40 kg one arm swings, power swing pyramid, crawls and pushups

Back to one arm swings again today and just a few weeks off of the heavy stuff showed me just how quickly that top end strength conditioning falls off. It will bounce  back but I payed the price today :)

Shoulder however felt the best it's felt in eons and I actually woke up with NO shoulder pain at all, unheard of! I really really worked on internal rotation ( hand in the small of the back) ALONG with self myo fascial relief and it's made the biggest difference in ROM and pain yet. Excited about the possibilities.

My left knee pain turned out to be caused my overly tight quads ( go figure!) that was keeping my kneecap too high as I went into extension. As soon as I figured that out it went right away; had to release the knee cap DOWN as I went into extension. Wow. Still have to worry about muscle tissue quality and tension even on the new knee. Won't forget that again. Not used to having ANY pain in the new knee and I didn't like it at all.

Full stretchout
lots of OS rocking, nods, unilateral rocking, seiza sitting and shoulder release work

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 x 5 sets - 50 reps
32 kg x 10/10 x 5 sets 100 reps
 LOTs of work there ,lol

Two hand power swings
32 kg x 5
36 kg x 5
40 kg x 5
44 kg x 5
48 kg x 5

these were easy but tough at the same time! Just a lot of plain work.

Leopard crawls
6 ft x 4 laps

tough as always but necessary

Parallel bar pushups- feet on floor
4 sets of 10

Band rear delts
4 sets of 12

this is working great

datsit 12 lap ruck tomorrow. gonna be a hot one too, gotta start extra early
neverquit


2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

Serious work....

Mark Reifkind said...

ooh yea :)

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...