Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Clean and squats, goblets,pushups,walking lunges,shoulder sled,grippers



The back is still not right. Woke up antalgic but it opened up pretty quickly as I started walking around. I just can only tolerate so much flexion and then things can go back to shit pretty fast. I have to remember that I guess and this was the reminder, along with the same thing in Italy.

My lats and not my abs were  the culprit this time and I discovered that stretching them out with the arm at horizontal or just above ( holding onto doorknob, etc) was better , faster and easier than overhead. Got right into the QL which got locked up bigtime with the shield casts. Again, a nice reminder how thin a line I really walk. It's fine as long as I can still walk.

I knew this would unwind it was just a pain in the ass when I am ready to really get back going again.

Snatches were out today but I thought that perhaps single bell clean and squat would work and it did! Much better than expected and much tougher than expected as well.Even with just the 20kg! I can imagine how tough it will be with the 32 kg but I can imagine it!

Always a shock to see my depth on film, because as I do it, looking in the mirror, it seems much deeper ,lol But it felt great though and I could actually feel a "bottom' position in my squat and an actual rebound. I'll take it. Like the single bell a lot too and the singles are much better on my back as well.

Clean and squat
16 kg x 5/5  x 2
20 kg x 5/5 x 5

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 5
32 kg x 5 pr!

these were great! didn't want to chance doing 10 sets of a new movement on an already wonky back so I added in the goblets as a finish. It's much harder to work on depth on 5 rep sets than on doubles or triples. More muscle work less technique emphasis.

Pushups
4 sets of 10 supersetted with band rear delts  4 sets of 10 ( also did 3 sets of 20 each arm this morning in the morning wakeup workout/ stretchout

Walking lunges
3 laps of 15 sets each way. These were tough!

Shoulder sled
95 lb x 250 ft x 3 laps

COC Gripper
trainer to 3 singles
#1 x 3 single attempts about 3/4 and a little
# 1.5 a bit more than 5/8 good effort

taken to using these again at the end of the workouts for just a few reps. Done it three times the first time I remember to log it :) Grip is SO much stronger since all the heavy one arm swings.

I used to be able to get the # 2 to about 7/8 closed. That's a way off but plenty of time. It definitely is a full body deal, that's for sure.
done!  back felt MUCH better at the end of the workout then at the beginning. should be almost 100% by Sat.

 datsit.
Neverquit.




No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...