Saturday, January 10, 2015

24 kg One arm swings,32 kg Goblets, CB arm casts, pushups, crawls



Felt really rested and strong this morning. Excellent stretchout starting with OS resets then rolling and stretching.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
24 kg x 10/10 x 15 sets
300 reps
15,900 lbs work ( that's a number I like)


Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
32 kg x 5 x 3 pr

these went very well, really focused on the hop up to catch, as that messed me up with the 44 kg last week. When I do the 48 that part has to be perfect.
Worked on getting my elbows lower inside the VMO too.


One arm clubblell arm cast
10 lbs x 10/10
15 lbs x 10/10 x 2

haven't done these in ages and really miss them. Great for shoulder mobility rom and my triceps :) Plus I get to train with Clubbell Master Alberto Gallazi when I go to Italy in Feb and I have to be ready!

Horizontal pushups
15, 13, 12, 8

these went great. medium close grip lots of tri work and shoulders went well

Leopard crawls
3 laps of 60 feet

finally able to put some more distance on this!

feel great! Nice long ruck tomorrow. can't wait


datsit
Neverquit


5 comments:

Diana said...

Mark,
Great looking squats! Deeper every time!
Just wondering, how long do you rest in between sets of squats?

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana, they are getting better every week. I rest long enough for my training partner(s) to do their set.
It varies all the time. Today it was just me and Glenn. Sometimes there are four of us. I never worry about it.

Diana said...

Thanks Mark!

Unknown said...

As a man who has basically done it all, I have a question for you. Do you feel a powerlifting based workout (focusing on the big 3) has a place for someone who has no aspirations of competing? Or is it just about chasing numbers? I am on the fence about trying such a program. I like the feel of heavier weights, would like to get stronger, and have heard the big 3 help elicit hormone release. Or do you feel staying the course with bells and clubs is more the way to go? Of course I don't plan on giving up swings because like you said "they're the center of the universe". Thank you Mark.

Mark Reifkind said...

Hunter

I do not. the powerlifts are not ,imo all that good for you from a health perspective- at least not true powerlifting form.

the big movements are what release GH and test ) just squatting pulling etc things that use the big muscles in general.
I think barbell work is good squats presses and pulls are excellent I just would stay away from power form and maxing out if the goal is health and functional capacity
more of a bodybuilding approach- sets and reps

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...