Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Snatch VO2 , walking lunges, parallel pushups, leopard crawls



Yes, Snatch Vo2. I thought since my press position and strength felt so good, and that my handstand has reappeared it might be a good time to test the snatch position.
Long story short, I was very pleased with the results. Not perfect as you can see in the video, but much better than the last time and, most important, no pain.

The overhead position overall is improving and I expect this too as well. I also did the snatches with my head up the entire time which I have never done before. It's helping here as well as in all my other moves.  This makes me very very happy that I could do this.

And, to be honest, I really didn't want to do swing vo2! in it's own way it's actually harder than snatch vo2 . Snatches are tougher cardiovascularly, but the swing work out is just HARD work, even with the light bell. Maybe even more with the light bell because you have to work so hard to make it move fast. There is little help from the bells weight to create inertia

morning roll stretch hang 20 min.

Snatch Vo2
15:15
16 kg
33 sets /7
231 reps
8316 lbs work

very pleased with this. this will improve

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 reps

better than last week legs aren't so quite dead as they were

parallel pushups
4 x  13, 13, 11, 8

doing these slower and with more tension as I get stronger. they are really feeling good and my triceps are growing seemingly daily. :)

Leopard crawls
4 laps of 60 feet.

increased distance is feeling ok. strong finish.

ok short fast ruck tomorrow with 30 lbs

time to roll and stretch a bit more

datsit
neverquit.

1 comment:

Chris said...

OK - this answers my question on the last post re snatch

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...