Saturday, February 14, 2015

24 kg One arm swings, 36 kg Goblet squats, parallel bar pushups,crawls



This was the light workout but I am beat.Perfect time to take a trip and re set the body. The schedule is working out perfectly but the last few very heavy weeks, between the bells, the extra ruck weight and the extra ruck is catching up.
Step back rather than fall off

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 10/10 x 15 sets
300 reps
15,900 lbs work ( not bad at all )

I tried the first few sets with the Oly shoes but it didn't feel right so I went back to vibrams. No worries I wanted to keep some barefoot work in the mix so this is perfect. I don't know why they work better for snatches but not swings but it doesn't matter.
That it does and I've figured it out is all that counts.

Really focused on keeping the power as high as possible on each and every rep on each and every set. I swung the bell higher than usual, on purpose. Wanted to really milk the range of motion as much as possible. More work, Still keep the shoulder packed and connected to the scapula.




Goblet squat
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 3
32 kg x 3
36 kg x 3

these felt solid and I could have gone up to 40 kg but my chest, shoulders and arms said not too so I listened. Best set with 36 kg ever

these felt so solid

parallel bar pushups
4 x 10, 11, 12, 10

feet on high bench. best pushups of late for sure done slowly with solid lockouts and stretch at bottom. shoulders good!

Leopard crawls
3 laps of 50 feet

ok now I'm dead

Big ruck tomorrow in my new Lowa renegade boots, can't wait

datsit
neverquit


4 comments:

Diana said...

Mark,
Your 1-arm swings are so smooth, like you're swinging a feather!

Love the boots, they look great for what you're going to put them through!

Mark Reifkind said...

Diana

thanks, that's what swinging the Beast will do, make the 24 seem like a toy.
we'll see how the boots do, taking them out for their initial ruck right now!

Kettlebell Courage Corner Seattle WA said...

Mark, I have not commented on the blog in some time but I can assure you I have been reading and following your progress religiously. I was obviously extremely interested in your views on the SFG certification and your reasons for stepping down as master instructor. As you know I just was certified SFG1 in November in BC, and training with KBs under the hard style has changed my life. I am not too myopic however to see a broader view on training, emphasizing quality of movement. I agree with you and really respect your wisdom and willingness to share it. You may have seen that the SFG1 curriculum is changing with the promotion of Brett Jones to head instructor, and the proposed changes seem very consistent with some of the views you expressed. In any event, you are an inspiration and I hope to be decades into my own blog and still making progress, just like you are, when I am your age. I love it.

Mark Reifkind said...

Chris

thanks for reading and your continued support. Congratulations on becoming SFG that is no small accomplishment!

I have seen that Brett is now Chief and the changes they are going to make are consistent with my beliefs. It would have been nice of them to have come to that conclusion earlier but so be it.

I am excited about StrengthMatters and my new role in that KB organization

My mission regardless of who I am teaching for is simple: I want a kettlebell in as many people's hands as possible. I believe in the transformative possibilities of it that much.

The only constant in life is change and I am try not to fight the river that way :)

take care

mark

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...