Monday, February 02, 2015

80 lb Military press, barbell hacks, floor pushups, hip sled



Whew, this was a tough one, just energy wise. Felt really good, too, leading up to it but things were achey and just generally beat up from the last two days. No worries, just slowed things down a little and still got solid work in without pushing too hard. Still it was tough.

Military press
stick x 10 x 3
45 bar x 5 x 2
65 x 5, 3
80 x 5 x 8 sets

these were strong even though I was tired, did a few sets with a false grip just to see if it would feel stronger or worse and surprisingly it was the same! that's weird. really really have to concentrate on keeping the knuckles more over the top of the bar. the more I did this the better everything felt.

for the first time since starting these I did a bunch of reps just looking up, not in the mirror. strange too.

Handstands
5 sets of 5-6 with spot

even though these felt better each set I can't believe how stinkin far away I am from where my mind thinks it is. I am no where close to getting my hips over my shoulders. Thinking now about regressing to headstands and perhaps crow stands.

I never had to do those moves as I could always just do a handstand but no more. Not all that happy but I am where I am

Barbell hacks
35 x 20
55 x 15
75 x 12
75 x 10

now the fatigue is setting in ,lol

Floor pushups
15, 12, 12, 10

these were surprisingly strong too. Glenn caught that my left elbow was outboard 15-20 degrees and I couldn't even feel it. tucked it in and it got instantly stronger

Hip sled
112 lbs x 250 ft x 3 laps

just beat need food and a nap :)

ok roll and stretch and rest up for 45 sets of snatch on wedneday. that should be intersting


datsit
neverquit

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...