Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Snatch vo2 35 sets, walking lunges, parallel pushups. crawls

Just not quite there yet. Slept much better last night and feel almost un 'jet lagged' but my body wasn't quite ready for this much speed with my arm overhead. I haven't been stretching out as much overhead because my shoulder feels better just day to day EXCEPT when it has to go overhead.

I thought it might translate ( feeling better) to a better overhead position today but it was not to be.
The workload ( 35 sets of 7) wasn't bad it was fighting my OH position that was. Just need way more time in AND I think I have to adopt a 'waiting out the stretch reflex" approach, as I did with my knee, to the shoulder with a lightly loaded bar.

Of course it could just be a bad day :)

Snatch vo2
15:15
16 kg
35 sets of 7
245 snatches
8820 lbs

Used double breathing for the first time in this and it definitely made it easier except it was harder to focus  on the actual snatch technique or the count. I actually think I need to go back to low rep snatch work and hammer out technique here and focus on the swing vo2 for the workload.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps
pretty strong actually and the knee's touched grass almost every rep

parallel bar pushups
14, 12, 11, 10

shoulders were cooked

Leopard crawls
3 laps of 50, 60 70 feet

tough as always

ok ruck tomorrow then Beast swings on Saturday

datsit
neverquit



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...