Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday Ruck; Strong , Fast , Heavy and Easy

Well this was a nice shocker. Started out strong and easy and stayed that way! Legs felt light, the pack felt like and each lap was seriously fast. Best ruck ever. Pack weight was 48 lbs and felt like my walking posture was the most upright ever.

Timed my 11th lap at 7:45 and I don't think any of the others were slower, probably faster. Just one of those good days :)
So nice when that happens.
Wore the combat boots and they worked great too

Ruck
12 laps
48 lb ruck
12 iso squats
15,160 steps
1:55 min ( including walk to and from park)
PR

bodyweight 163.2 lbs
Going to re tool my press tomorrow and play with Rippetoe's Oly style start. See how that works
Plus my new Oly shoes are due in too, though I doubt they will arrive in time for the workout

datsit
neverquit


2 comments:

Morgan L. said...

And you're putting on muscle weight it appears! All good things.

Mark Reifkind said...

yea I am but I want to keep my total weight as close to 160 as I can. No need to be heavier

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...