Wednesday, April 08, 2015

24 kg Swing Vo2, 17 min 340 reps, walking lunge, horiz pushups, Kb rows



Wow, very strong day.. Very strong. Glenn was out of town so I had to do this solo so I made Tracy come in and yell at me. It helped. But I still felt like I have turned a corner with this training. It takes longer than it does with snatch vo2 but I feel like my cardio is finally adapting.

10 minutes was no problem and didn't start double breathing until 14 min out! 11 minutes last week. Definitely improvement and way more power the whole way. The sets above were 20-26.

Swing test training
24 kg
10 reps/ 30 seconds
17 min
340 reps
18,020 lbs of work ( 9 tons!)

tracy playing with the slo mo function :)


Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps and this was easy too! and a relief as usual from the speed swings

Horiz pushups alternate with kb rows
 15 / 16 kg x 10
13/ 20 kg x 8
11/ 24 kg x 6
10 / 24 kg x 5

the rows felt fine this time and they were weak! which really shows I need them. Definitely seems like a good thing for the shoulder. I will give crawls a break for now. I'm doing A LOT of volume and I need the peripheral muscle work more

band curls
2 sets of 12

ok light ruck tomorrow with Tracy

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...